- 4 out of 10 days away from work were sprains/strains. Geigle Safety Group 2013
- Bureau of labor Statistics reports that approximately one half of all workers' compensation costs are attributable to MSDs.
- A study in the American Journal of Industrial Medicine reported a 33% injury rate when pre-hire applicants are not screened vs. a 3% injury rate when screened.
- "Physical therapy costs can account for up to 50% of comp costs in the first 90 to 120 days of a claim." Mike Farrand, Radnor, Pa.
- According to Workforce Safety and Insurance, from their annual number of 40,000 claims, as many as 35% of these injuries can be associated with poor ergonomics in the work place.
Our Latest News
Keep up on our latest news and eventsRead Blog
Wellness Programs: The New Defense Against Workers’ Compensation Claims
Wellness Programs: The New Defense Against Workers’ Compensation Claims By Kelley Palmer, Wellness Specialist Most employers seek a return on their investment from company wellness programs in the form of reduced health care premiums. But did you know that company wellness programs can also lower workers’ compensation and disability-related costs? It’s true. Healthier employees […]Read More
NWCDC 2017 Speaker Announcement
Unify’s President, Kelly Ingram-Mitchell has teamed up with Steven Richards, Director of Claims & Litigation with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated to present on how your organization can Reduce Costs by Eliminating Silos and Coordinating Physical Medicine Networks. They will discuss how integrating wellness and injury-prevention efforts with post-injury, physical therapy services, based on […]Read More
Unify to exhibit at the HRFL17 Conference in Orlando
2017 HR Florida Conference & Expo, Orlando, FL August 28 – August 30, 2017 Are you attending the HRFL17 Conference in Orlando, FL on August 28-30? If so, make sure to stop by Booth #503 to learn more about Unify’s innovative workforce solutions. Our experts will be on hand to tell you about how our […]Read More