- 4 out of 10 days away from work were sprains/strains. Geigle Safety Group 2013
- Bureau of labor Statistics reports that approximately one half of all workers' compensation costs are attributable to MSDs.
- A study in the American Journal of Industrial Medicine reported a 33% injury rate when pre-hire applicants are not screened vs. a 3% injury rate when screened.
- "Physical therapy costs can account for up to 50% of comp costs in the first 90 to 120 days of a claim." Mike Farrand, Radnor, Pa.
- According to Workforce Safety and Insurance, from their annual number of 40,000 claims, as many as 35% of these injuries can be associated with poor ergonomics in the work place.
Our Latest News
Keep up on our latest news and eventsRead Blog
Unify to exhibit at the 2018 Safety + Symposium Conference
Please join us at the 2018 Safety + Symposium August 28 – August 31, 2018 Gaylord Opryland Convention Center Nashville, Tennessee Unify Health Services will be exhibiting at the 2018 Safety + Symposium. This conference offers attendees a unique experience of innovative workshops, opportunities to connect with industry experts in health and safety, as well […]Read More
Unify Health Services and Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England partner to deliver company-wide employee Stretch Program
Jacksonville, FL. – Unify Health Services, LLC, a nationally recognized workforce solutions driven network, has partnered with Coca-Cola Northern New England (CCNNE) to create a customized companywide stretch program for CCNNE employees. The project purpose spearheaded by Tom Crockett, Risk Control Manager is to implement a cross-functional tool to enhance employees’ wellness through stretch and […]Read More
Wellness Programs: The New Defense Against Workers’ Compensation Claims
Wellness Programs: The New Defense Against Workers’ Compensation Claims By Kelley Palmer, Wellness Specialist Most employers seek a return on their investment from company wellness programs in the form of reduced health care premiums. But did you know that company wellness programs can also lower workers’ compensation and disability-related costs? It’s true. Healthier employees […]Read More