- 4 out of 10 days away from work were sprains/strains. Geigle Safety Group 2013
- Bureau of labor Statistics reports that approximately one half of all workers' compensation costs are attributable to MSDs.
- A study in the American Journal of Industrial Medicine reported a 33% injury rate when pre-hire applicants are not screened vs. a 3% injury rate when screened.
- "Physical therapy costs can account for up to 50% of comp costs in the first 90 to 120 days of a claim." Mike Farrand, Radnor, Pa.
- According to Workforce Safety and Insurance, from their annual number of 40,000 claims, as many as 35% of these injuries can be associated with poor ergonomics in the work place.
Our Latest News
Keep up on our latest news and eventsRead Blog
Unify Health Services will be exhibiting at the 2019 VPPPA Safety + Symposium
Please join us for the 2019 Safety+ Symposium and VPPPA’s 35th Anniversary CelebrationAugust 27-30, 2019Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterNew Orleans, LA Unify Health Services will be exhibiting at the 2019 VPPPA Safety + Symposium. This conference offers attendees a unique experience of innovative workshops, safety education, opportunities to connect with industry experts in health and […]Read More
Increasing Workplace Safety Through Wellness
Wellness is defined as “the condition of good physical, mental and emotional health, especially when maintained by an appropriate diet, exercise, and other lifestyle modifications”.(1) (Dictionary, 2018) Many companies are turning to preventative programs to establish and encourage workplace wellness and reduce the amount of workplace musculoskeletal injuries. Promoting health and wellness in the workplace […]Read More
How Healthy Feet and Proper Footwear Impacts the Job
Proper Footwear Leads to Healthy Feet and Better Overall Quality of Life Our feet do more than just provide a base for standing and a means for movement. A simple lack of extension in the big toe or a fallen arch during walking can impact how efficiently our body moves, ultimately leading to a greater […]Read More