- 4 out of 10 days away from work were sprains/strains. Geigle Safety Group 2013
- Bureau of labor Statistics reports that approximately one half of all workers' compensation costs are attributable to MSDs.
- A study in the American Journal of Industrial Medicine reported a 33% injury rate when pre-hire applicants are not screened vs. a 3% injury rate when screened.
- "Physical therapy costs can account for up to 50% of comp costs in the first 90 to 120 days of a claim." Mike Farrand, Radnor, Pa.
- According to Workforce Safety and Insurance, from their annual number of 40,000 claims, as many as 35% of these injuries can be associated with poor ergonomics in the work place.
Our Latest News
Keep up on our latest news and eventsRead Blog
Signal Mutual Indemnity Association (SMIA) welcomed President of Unify Health Services to speak at Safety & Health Committee Meeting
Signal Mutual Indemnity Association (SMIA) welcomed President of Unify Health Services to speak at Safety & Health Committee Meeting June 27, 2017- Norfolk, VA Jacksonville, FL- Unify Health Services’ President, Kelly Ingram-Mitchell, MPT was the invited speaker at the Signal Mutual Indemnity Association’s (SMIA) Safety & Health Committee Meeting in Norfolk, VA on June […]Read More
Unify Health Services and Consumer Health Connections announce Teletherapy partnership
Unify Health Services and Consumer Health Connections, LLC., partner to deliver Teletherapy powered services nationwide. Jacksonville, FL. – Unify Health Services, LLC, a nationally recognized physical medicine organization announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with Consumer Health Connections (CHC), an influential technology solutions organization, to deliver teletherapy and telepresence services nationwide. […]Read More
Unify Health Services President chosen to speak at National Maritime Safety Association (NMSA) Annual Meeting
Unify Health Services President, Kelly Ingram-Mitchell chosen to speak at National Maritime Safety Association (NMSA) 2017 Annual Meeting June 21 – 23, 2017 | Belmond Charleston Place | Charleston, SC Keeping with NMSA’s theme of Fit for Work, Kelly Ingram-Mitchell, President of Unify Health Services presented The True Definition of Fit for Work […]Read More